Welcome to our NEW Lumberton Fire & EMS website !
Lumberton Fire & EMS services the citizens of Hardin County ESD #2, which includes the city of Lumberton, and surrounding unincorprated areas in a fast growing community of approximately 25-28,000 citizens, as well as everyone traveling through our busy community.
Our department was founded in February of 1962 orignally under the name Chance-Loeb Volunteer Fire Department.
Our first fire truck, a 1936 International (pictured above), was purchased from Beaumont FD. Our fire station was located on Hwy 69 just outside of town, in 1987 we moved to an old Goodyear Tire store which was centrally located at Hwy 96 and Candlestick. That location was too small to facilitate needed growth for the department and was sold in July of 2004 to fund the building of a new state of the art facility.
After many years of planning and saving, in October of 2006 we moved into our brand new building located at 228 Country Lane Drive (FM 421).
Other growing pains:
In 2003, members of the fire department and EMS department decided that the communities Fire and EMS operations needed to merge to better serve the citizens of Lumberton and the surrounding community. The Fire Department and the EMS service were housed together but they were completely separate entities up until then. At the end of 2004 both groups started the long process of merging both non-profit tax exempt departments into one stronger unified organization.
In February of 2005, Lumberton Volunteer Fire-Rescue and Lumberton Emergency Medical Services were formally merged into one department, which is now called Lumberton Fire & EMS.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
JOIN US AT THE CENTRAL FIRE STATION (228 COUNTRY LANE DRIVE (FM 421) ANY TUESDAY NIGHT AT 7:00 PM.
MEET THE PEOPLE THAT PROTECT HARDIN COUNTY ESD #2 AND PICK UP AN APPLICATION.